In mid 2017 while working at NextDeal, I worked with a junior developer to release a small Angular.JS application that would allow title agencies a simplier way to find out the status of their preDOCS files. I learned a lot while developing the custom APIs for the project. Fast forward to late 2018 and the application had new features incrementally added to it. However the way it was originally conceived, the architecture wasn’t working. Based on this, I decided to revamp the project from the ground up.
I utilized my skills with React to overhaul it. The new application has all of the functionality of the previous version while adding the ability to download the completed preDOCS files. We further reduced the number of API calls from 27 to 2 on the initial log in. Bootstrap 4 was used for most of the styling. The application works well across browsers with support down to Internet Explorer 11 as some users still use that browser.